For coaches in nearly any field, product creation is the best way to:
- Reach a wider audience
- Grow your brand
- Earn more profits
So why aren’t more coaches adopting the product creation strategy? Like you, they’re probably stuck in the process, unsure of the steps to take to create a great product.
Step 1: Identify a Need
As a coach, you have great insight into the wants and needs of your ideal client. You chat with her on Facebook, answer her email questions, respond to the comments she leaves on your blog, and even work with her one-on-one.
What is it she needs the most help with right now? This is the product you should be creating, because you already know you have a built-in audience.
Step 2: Gather Your Documentation
If you’ve been coaching for more than a few weeks, chances are you already have all of the answers required—all you have to do it organize it. Some places to look for content you can repurpose include:
- Your blog
- Your emails (and autoresponder)
- Your client calls
- Your social media accounts
- Your YouTube channel
- Your personal checklists and worksheets
All of these things (and many more) can be edited and organized into a comprehensive product that solves a serious issue and you can do it in less time than you might think. After all, you already have the bulk of the work done!
Step 3: Create the Solution
Now that you have your content, it’s time to put it together in a way that will make sense to your audience. Will you…
- Write a Kindle book? This is a great option for solving a very focused, single problem. Even better, Kindle books offer a fabulous opportunity to reach a wider audience.
- Create a membership site? For a comprehensive, step-by-step course, you can’t beat the flexibility of a membership site.
- Offer a group coaching program? Add personal time with you to your membership site and you’ve got an instant group coaching program. Not only that but you’ve dramatically upped the value (and cost) as well.
Your choice will depend largely on the scope of the solution. Is it a simple answer that can be explained in a few pages or is it a complex issue that requires several weeks of work?
Creating a product doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. Sure, you can design a massive, all-inclusive course if you like, but when you’re just getting started, that’s a daunting prospect. Instead, work with what you already have and you’ll have your first product up and selling in no time.
Other posts that might interest you:
- Done-for-You Content Library
Shortcut your product creation by using our white label options!
- Write Your Book in 30 Days!
Get instant access to our free online library and toolbox full of helpful time-saving ebooks, printable checklists, royalty-free graphics, training videos, templates, shareable social media images, and much more! We’re pretty confident you’ll find something useful in there that will help you build your business online!